Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hittin' on Me!

Today, Tommy had a heart catheter at the hospital to check on his heart and the arteries surrounding it,...but that's another story. THIS story happens on the way to the hospital. What a way to start a day :)

We had to be at the hospital at 12:30, and the potential to stay overnight was there, so I spent this morning getting a shower and packing a bag and getting the kids mentally prepared with what I expected of them while we were gone. I didn't spend it eating. I have to eat in semi-regular intervals or my blood sugar reminds me that I'm not perfect. So on the way in to town, I stopped at Chick-Fil-A for a sandwich. I got up to the counter and ordered my sandwich, and the man taking my order asked me for my name. Why did he need that? So I told him "I'm Marianna, why?Are you hitting on me?" He looked down and was instantly beet red without an answer to my question. So I said "Please say yes...its been a long time since someone hit on me." He was seriously struggling to get my receipt to print at this point. I said "Look, I have a really mean husband and he doesn't let people hit on me, so its been so long I'm starting to take it personally!" Finally, this man is able to take a breath and answer me. He says "That's probably why, because none of us want to receive the repercussions from him."

I guess I accept that,.... and its his loss,....he might have gotten a tip out of it if he'd just gone for it.

2 comments:

  1. You're really something, you know that? What you are, I don't know, but you're really something! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's an easy one: I'm my mother's daughter :D

    ReplyDelete