Friday, October 8, 2010

AHHHH!

It's raining or pouring at all times, isn't it?

I ended up pleading with a doctor friend to get some relief for my ears. I figured 3 weeks was too long to suffer and my hearing loss might become permanent. So I tossed out pride and asked for his help. He was great. He looked at my ears, explained to me (in English) what he saw, and gave me a prescription for pain drops, but told me how to use vinegar and water to take care of my problem. It was the most amazing recovery too! I was totally impressed,...

:: cue dark clouds, stage left, roll in boys! ::

And then my feelings were hurt. Not a little hurt, a BIG hurt. I couldn't help but notice that my entire head throbbed during that emotional drama too. Something told me to check my blood pressure, which I HATE to do because it's always 135/95-ish. Wellllll.... good news and bad news. Good news is, it wasn't 135/95! Bad news is, it was 162/105. One hour and 3 aspirin later, it was 161/109. Last night, we went to a missionary farewell party and it was held at my doctor friends house. So Tommy took advantage of an opportunity to tell him my ears were tremendously better, and my bp was starting to rage. Doc says "let me call something in for you," so I shrug and say ok. Today I'm at the store picking up Tommy's refills, and thought to ask about mine getting called in. It wasn't ready (of course) so I asked what was the name of it. The girl tells me its Lysinopril (is that spelled right?) and I froze in my place. I don't know that I have the courage to take that. Tommy (who handles a LOT of pain on a constant basis) couldn't tolerate the body aches and pains that were a side effect of that drug. Someone else I know (John) takes it also, and he tells me he hurts when taking it too, but that he has to take it so he just deals with it.

People,....I am SUPER WIMP! So now I have a Rx waiting for me to pick up and I'm too scared to do it. Yet if I don't,.... well let's just say that an hour ago, my bp was 159/104. Top it off with a headache on the right side of my head, and some throbbing muscle aches in my left arm from time to time (hasn't started tonight, but I had that last night).

Like I said,... rain-pour-rain-pour-rain-pour-AAAHHHHHH!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment