Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Baby Homecoming

I am so tired, I can't believe I'm blogging instead of sleeping! But I'm blogging, because my family should get to see these "firsts" photographed. I wish you could be here. You would be eating up this baby love!!!

We kept it quiet. We've known since last week that Jarom would be coming home today. We didn't advertise it because he's become rather popular with people who are anxious to meet him and have fallen in love with his photos... that's not to say that the rest of his family are any more popular than they ever were, but JAROM is! So to protect him and his parents from the accidental insensitivities of people, we just didn't announce when he was coming home. It was very nice having it strictly a family moment.

So this morning, representatives from the company that will be supplying him with oxygen came and got his system installed and notes all over the doors to tell people about the use of oxygen. (oh yikes,...they heat with propane in old space heaters,... hmm...) So the oxygen guys left and shortly after, Mesa and John packed up a diaper bag for the first time and headed to Atlanta. They went through some last minute preparations and training info with the hospital staff and Mesa packed up all his belongings (he's gotten quite a collection! He's popular with the nursing staff too!) Then they started home. When they left the hospital, Mesa called me and I loaded up my gang and we went to her house. I had a key, so we went inside and I started cooking. I made teriyaki chicken, rice, green beans, French bread and a citrus fruit salad. I got a frozen key lime pie for dessert. It was all SO good. It got done about half an hour before they got home, but that was ok....it meant I could sit on the sofa and stare out the window watching for their car...yes...30 minutes and I barely blinked. When I saw their car, I yelled THEY'RE HERE!! and jumped up with my camera and ran out the door. I was on their porch before they were on their road! I took a few pictures of them first getting him out. Then I got pics of him settling in,....pics of him with his uncles...pics him trying on new hats....pics of him cuddling up with his grandma and going to sleep..... So time to share!!

2 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, so much has happened since I last peeked in! Congratulations on your growing family. God bless you all, Wian!

    ReplyDelete