Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Jared


I love my littlest boy. He makes me laugh all the time. I guess he's a lot like me when I was little (if the stories my parents tell are true). My mom has said that when I was little, I couldn't help her do some chore because I had a bone in my leg. Mom,...I STILL HAVE A BONE IN MY LEG!

Jared is learning new words, I guess. It's the only explanation I can think of. I don't know what prompts him to use certain words when he does, but his timing is amazing---EVERY TIME!

Yesterday, Tommy and I had a meeting in the morning. It lasted a couple hours. From there, we had to go to a doctors appointment. From there, we headed straight home, picked up kids and went to a scout activity (that's a story all on its own!). During the day, Manti was out helping a friend of his build a shelter for her dad's new tractor. That means Mesa was home tending her 2 little brothers. She wanted to wash her hair, but those little brothers are 9 and 5, making them capable of getting into trouble fast and quietly so that you don't know until well after the fact that something has gone terribly wrong. She didn't feel like she could just jump in the shower, so leans into the shower and uses a shower hose on her head. She makes Jared sit on the toilet behind her so she can peek over her shoulder at him and make sure he's staying out of trouble. She even tells him this so he understands he isn't being punished, just supervised.

All of the sudden, the toilet flushes. Mesa is startled and turns around. She asks him what he was doing. He tells her...and I quote...

"I'm flushing my hopes away."

*crickets*

Remember in the story that I said we came home and picked up the kids and went back to scouts? This scout night was an activity night for the venture crew kids, which is Manti and Mesa's scout group. They were going to play a game of Capture The Flag in the dark at the nearby park. (The game was so funny! Little kids being the bait to draw out big kids, big kids belly crawling across a barely lit field to sneak up on the opposing teams flag, ... big kids sitting cross-legged against a fence- in jail.... ) Anyway, it was pretty cold. I was bundled up and shivering while sitting in the CAR! So you know the kids had be freezing. About 7:50 I called Jared into the car to warm him up. About 30 minutes later, we got home and everybody bustles about to put away their coats and empty pockets. Jared comes up to me and says "Mommy, I'm turning into a Methodist." I just stared him blankly, and said "WHAT?" He repeats himself, "I'm turning into a Methodist!" I asked how could that happen? He tells me "It started when I cold, and then it got worse and worse until you made me get in the car to get warm. It wouldn't have happened if Morgan hadn't tagged me and tried to make me go to jail!"

*crickets*

I still don't know how to answer that. I don't even know where he learned the word "methodist"! And what in the world does it mean in HIS language?

The world may never know.

2 comments:

  1. I love how our kids are related. Did you see the last Kevin blog I put up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the time when I read something funny, I smile. Chuckling happens only occasionally, and rarely do I laugh out loud. I read this blog and absolutely have tears coming down my cheeks from laughter. I can just hear Jared as his hopes go down the toilet and he turns into a Methodist. This just made my day!

    ReplyDelete