Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Bucket List


Have you seen that movie with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, The Bucket List? I enjoyed it. Well anyway, lately I keep seeing ads (mostly in Facebook) about things to put on your own personal bucket list.

According to the movie, a bucket list is a list of things you want to do with your life before you "kick the bucket", and in the movie, these 2 characters end up sharing a hospital room with life-ending diagnoses. They make lists of what they want to do before they kick the bucket, and then make a pack to carry out those dreams together. As you can imagine, this carries them all around the world---and then back.

So seeing the ads has me thinking. I'm 40 years old now. I pretend I'm still in my 20s, but in reality, I am definitely not. If I made a bucket list, what would be on it? What hopes and dreams do I have that are important to me and I really want to accomplish before I kick the bucket?

  • I want to be a part of wedding receptions for all of my kids.
  • I want to hold my grandbabies and sing to them.
  • I want to obtain a couple more herbal certifications.
  • I want to take a vacation with my husband and pretend its a honeymoon.
  • I want to have a girls weekend with my sisters- the overnight kind where the children stay home with dad and just us girls get together, go out and eat something weird, maybe go play something childish, come home and stay up late giggling and snacking, fall asleep and wake up to go out for breakfast, shopping, lunch and then home to find the husbands and kids have made us a big family dinner. Tell me that doesn't sound like bliss!
  • I want a road trip with my Mama.
  • I want to visit the Manti and Mesa temples.
What else should go on this list? What am I doing to move toward any of these goals? How about you? Just wondering...

2 comments:

  1. I'm all for the sister one. I just need to NOT be pregnant OR breastfeeding first. That's my only request!!

    ReplyDelete