Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bragging on the Cook

If you never been to my sister's house and eaten meals prepared by her and her husband, you have missed out on a major joy in life. They can cook, lemme tell ya! The only thing saving me from TOTAL obesity is that I live 5 hours away from them! I'm sure if I lived closer they would be sick of me by now, so I guess it works out.

What makes Dave's recipes so great is that he comes up with them. Sure, he might start with a recipe from a book or magazine, but he's not satisfied with letting someone else's tastebuds determine what he and his family will eat. So he modifies it and plays with it and experiments until he reaches a level of perfection that equates to a level of bliss unknown in any restaurant in the land. And get this: He likes to cook! He's content being the primary cook in the house even, so Kitty doesn't have to be the one to figure out what to fix for dinner every night like the rest of us.

If you haven't seen Dave's blog site with recipes he's posted, put on your stretchy sweatpants so you can eat more and go there now! He'll tell you what's for dinner!

Now if I can just talk him into a trade,....I'll take photos of what I make from his recipes if he'll experiment and make me up a recipe by request :D Think he'll go for it?

2 comments:

  1. This has nothing to do with your post, but I was looking at it and was telling Kevin your name. He used to say Myanna, now it's Mommyanna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. Dave was especially flattered, too. He needs to hear stuff like this from time to time.

    ReplyDelete