Saturday, June 29, 2013

Can you keep a secret?

Mesa's birthday is July 10th and this year I told her I would bead her a birthday present. She has no idea what it will be, but she probably expects it to be something small like a barrette or earrings or something. Well..... she'll be surprised for sure! It's the biggest set I've ever ever done! I've just finished the necklace (well, except for a clasp because I'll have to have her neck to get it the perfect size) and now I'm working on a matching headband,....then I'll make earrings, and then I'll make a barrette type thing she can wear to powwows. Want a sneak preview? Don't tell HER! She never reads my blog and I think she forgot she has one herself,... so I thought I'd put it here since I'm super proud of it :)

 


This is not the typical jewelry you would wear to church or out on a date ... it's something you would wear with regalia to a powwow or demonstration.... it's a native thing. BUT... I know Mesa, so there is quite the possibility she will wear this anywhere she goes :)

If I were selling this one piece, I would ask for $180. It's stitched one bead at a time.

2 comments:

  1. That is absolutely GORGEOUS, and I don't see how in the world you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful!

    @Nita: Of course you can't see how she did it! You're still healing. When everything is totally all wee, you will be triple wowed! ;)

    ReplyDelete